Sunday, July 23, 2023

Roll - Roll - Roll the Quilt...


 Hi Y'all & Happy Sunday to ya!

I have had a roller coaster week with a cluster of seizures mixed in but the doctor ordered a new med for these clusters ... we tried it and it worked!  No seizures the day after and continuing since then!  I am have lots of JOYFUL MOMENTS due to this! 

How about you?  Do you have any joyful moments you would like to share?  

Please increase my joy by sharing in a comment at the end of this post!

Now during and since that time... as I don't machine piece during these times for safety of not running over my fingers or miss sewing and having to visit Jack fears! hahaha... I have been hand quilting!!!!  And I have rolled the quilt too..

Granny square close ups before rolling and a  long shot too...

Above is block #3 being worked on when I sat back down to the Granny Squares quilt of Connies' quilt...
Below is getting the 4th block ready to finish the very center big stitch after doing the "support stitching" in the rounds of granny square pieced blocks... didn't Connie do such a great job of point making!!!!  And she sewed the seams open on the back side so I can easy make the "support stitches" !!!!
Here is a long shot before rolling...

And below is the very top row of the quilt!!!  After I finish 1 more row of hand quilting the top of the 3rd row of Granny Quares on this quilt...
I plan on spending the day with my honey and hand quilting on the second part of row #3 the top of it :)

Linking this part of this post sharing my hand quilting progress to Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday groupies... HERE<<<<  Come see what stitching mavens are there sharing pics of their work and a link to read more about those that interest you !!!  

Read on to see beautiful rose pics... and a special happening in our home this week!   And don't forget to leave a happy thought below before you leave!

Here is a current pic of the front of our Kentucky Farmhouse!
Above to the far left is a Rose of Sharon plant gifted to us by Theresa and Jack before leaving Murphy!  it has been a pot since then!!!  Now in the ground and getting used to it... it has started blooming... hopefully a close up of blooms next week on that plant... but to the right of that is a plant holder black metal trike!  In the back holder we have a rose bush in a nice large pot that holds a rose bush my honey gave me for Valentine's day in 2019!!!  We planted it then moved it to Murphy after a season of blooms!  Planted it there and now after a couple seasons of being planted and being happy it is now found it's home... at least for the moment and blooming like crazy... needs some Sevin dusting though to stop bugs from feeding off the leaves... anyone know about Sevin and application???   I will order this week :)
A bloom opening above and a bloom fully open below!
The plant and a bloom fully open... you can see the bug fed leaves now...
Our Kentucky Farmhouse!!!!
Molly settled in her fave bed in my sewing room with office while I type this and looking cute but ready for her upcoming grooming too! lol
Now for the happy moment in my week... my honey's birthday!!!
Here is a fam pic collage above and a special birthday card from Jack and Theresa and their pup Copper too!

Rick says he is forever 38 but this was the big 6-0!!!!  He tells jokes that begin "I have never heard of such and I am 38 years old!" ... lol
A thoughtful comment I found on Facebook this week in my short given perusal on social media this week...
Isn't this the truth for many!!!!
Here is a cool quilt... didn't see a pattern mentioned though ...
Look at the hand quilting....
As for me... I Choose JOY this week... and always!  Seizure free or not!  Please share a fab moment below...


7 comments:

  1. I am so glad the medication helped and you have been seizure free for several days! Now you can get back to your secret stitching. Just lightly sprinkle the sevin powder on the rose bush then repeat if you see the bugs are still chewing on it. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you were prescribed a medication that worked on the first try. Yay! I love your quilting on the Granny Square quilt. I like the looks of rose bushes (a favorite of my mom), but I hate the pruning and upkeep. I will stick with other flowers. So glad you were able to successfully bring yours and the rose of sharon to Kentucky. Happy Birthday Rick! Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My joy this week, is that DH has now gone nearly three weeks without nebbing. He had a weekend in the hospital the end of June, but met the pulmonologist there, who actually researched AERD after his first visit with DH (it seemed unsatisfactory at the time), and came back with a new plan and meds, and things are going great so far. We are thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My joy this week was after spending a whole day in hospital emergency, I probably have pulled muscles in my back from walking my dog and her suddenly pulling me. Much better than thinking it was my heart. After my darling husband died suddenly of a heart attack, I am always mindful. Your post is wonderful, especially love the granny square quilt...looks like lace from far away. Your hand quilting is great too, not something many do anymore. Hope your good health continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the medications are working better. Hope those cluster seizures are under control now. Your quilting is beautiful, and love the pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the medication has helped. It's always a struggle with new and different meds. I don't grow rosed, but those red ones are sure pretty. Are all Rose of Sharon yellow? I'm clueless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Rick, forever 38 going on go 60! Your rose is a beauty. I'm pleased you have found medication to deal with your seizures, they must be scary indeed.

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...