Sunday, December 11, 2022

Sew Much Progress to Share Y’all!!

It has been a busy and productive week for us!  How about you??


Here is the Christmas decor for this year! … I figure until we unearth our Christmas stored in the outside building this will do ✌🏻
I got the sweetest pic of my granddaughter this week…


Isn’t Ellie festive?!  And she still enjoys the tent we gifted her for her second Christmas!!!  Now she is 3 1/2 😘
Rick has been steadily working on the side porch revision and making it more sturdy than before to pass inspections AND to hold a family of people as they check out this mountain cabin in late January… more likely February when we are ready to cut ties and sell… so much still to do!  But that will be for later… after the side porch and other outdoor work is done and we have packed away our favorite items!
The community we live in is mostly part timers who have a full time home elsewhere… we have loved the quietness of this cabin and hope God has a peaceful home waiting for us!
I have been busy since my post last Sunday quilting and sewing too!  First I’ll share my sewing project…
Sewing memorial ornaments from my friend’s husband’s shirt pieces… My friend Denise found this and several other ideas and my friend Crystal… a widow from this spring… asked if I could make something tangible for Christmas  for her 3 daughters who are all daddy’s girls!  YES I said!!!

“I love you to ever” the mom written inscription reads… a personal saying within their little family… She has only her fave items of his at home so I’m also taking on making a pillow for her from some full shirts she had left after saving a bit back for special custom ornaments next year from a cool Etsy seller I vetted for her!


Above is the shirt front that will hold their family love saying on the inside flap of the pocket… and a full shirt piece for the other side too!
Then there are ornaments needed for church and work and family members so she made the tags for them as well.... I got over halfway with them yesterday…


These are 21 ornaments made just the same!  I’ll finish sewing stuffing adding hanging cord and closing the openings today then focus on her pillow!  Between all this activity I’ll quilt on my mom's Bible verse quilt!
I’ve made lots of progress since last weeks' post including 2 rolls of the quilt…




Now I only have 1 roll remaining after this… Binding is made and then when they visit for New Years it will be gifted!

Can anyone guess what is next for my frame???

Leave it in the comments below or in direct email if commenting isn't working for you when you try HERE<<<


Waiting on this cute ornament kit to arrive… 2 turtle doves!!! It is made of heavy cardstock, thread and beads with sequins!  I am so excited to get this :)  My Christmas present to US!

So as Christmas approaches and you take stock of your year… what are you most proud of?  

I’m so proud God gave me the skills and friends to help me find just the right things to help my friend Crystal!!!  I am also greatful to have a handy honey… pics next week on the side porch progress that may include forecasted SNOW ❄️!!!

Have a blessed week and don’t forget to stop by Kathy’s slow Sunday stitcher’s HERE <<< To see what all the hand-y work they are doing!  They amaze and inspire me!

This hand quilted finish by a girl in one of my Facebook groups inspires me too!
The above quilt is hand quilted but machine pieced the author says... she made up the pattern and used the perfect fabrics to bring it all together and what a charming display of her talents!  I have no "Christmas Quilts " but would love to make something similar for our new home to be next year :)

For now... please remain joyful no matter what holiday you celebrate this Season!







6 comments:

  1. You've been busy this week, with all your varying sewing projects. Crystal is going to love all the items made from her husband's shirts. I LOVE the picture of the Christmas quilt you show. I don't have any Christmas quilts either but plan to make some this year. Are you going to try to make a quilt similar to this one? Have a great week filled with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are making those ornaments and pillow in remembrance for your friend. How great that you are so close to finishing your mom's quilt. You really quilt quickly. Your granddaughter is adorable. I hope those two turtledoves kit arrives soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ornaments will be so precious. I did something similar with clothes from my Dad years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you look for a new home you should try to find one that will have room for your quilting frame and all your sewing things create a special quilting room seeing as you will be starting over. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see what will appear on the frame next! Such a great idea for the memory heart pillows! I also love that kit that is coming and wonder how you will like stitching that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The memorial ornaments are so lovely and will be treasured ; what a beautiful idea. The quilt that you have in the frame is gorgeous. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...