Sunday, June 4, 2023

Welcome Y'all ~ From Monticello, Kentucky!

 Sew Happy to be greeting you this June the 4th, 2023 from Monticello, KY...

Monticello was named after President Thomas Jefferson's home place in 1800 ... Jefferson became President that year and the name seemed fitting to the founding fathers of this town... now it is known as the Houseboat Capitol of the World located on a tributary of the Cumberland River!  Boy I have learned A LOT of History !!! LOL

Since my last post on April 16... I have finished the row of the quilt I was on before it had to be packed up... I am just OVER halfway!!!!

And I mean packed it up!  We had 2 storage units to hold all our hobby and important other stuff... yet over half of what we took was ALL OF MY SEWING AND QUILTING SUPPLIES and SOME of Rick's WOODWORKING SUPPLIES!
We left our cabin with a lot of great memories and a couple of final shots... here is one on a drizzly morning as we went to our closing on the cabin...

What a busy day that turned out to be!  We went to our cabin closing then to our friends home Jack and Theresa!  They made us feel right at home in their cabin... and when dit was time to meet the mover to load our storage units Theresa was there on deck and Jack helped me manage Molly back at their home.... (I am still having intermitent seizures) all our possessions besides our truck holdings were.  Here is where we landed a day later!
Monticello, Kentucky is the blue dot below the Kentucky name on this map...  it is just an hour and a half north of my parents home in Cookeville, TN!  We moved so much closer to my parents!  Though  this move took a lot out of us both we are amazed that we sold a 912 sq ft home in the mountains and got a 1916 sq ft home where delivery of groceries free is so easy!WOWEE!!!!
We saw my parents once for an occasion... they have also been to our new digs... 
And this is where and how we spent our first few nights before locating vertical blinds for the windows and mattress and bed frame for the new bed too!
Our sink faucet in this home lights up and pulls out and changes water configuration too!  So cool! lol
This translucent frosted glass leads to a stellar laundry room with window and a utility closet for the front side of the house... the original part of the home has a different HVAC unit!
Once we got a bit settled when the movers delivered our boxes... and more boxes... and more stuff too!  My honey got right to work with Molly assisting... putting together my quilt frame...
Then we unrolled the thickly covered (for protection) poles with Connie's quilt on it... Rick had to carefully cut off the covering... then it took us a while to get the right layout for the quilt.  Finally it was on and ready to work on when I find my quilting things and figure a storage mechanism that won't be as messy as previous attempts...
P. S.... I found a rolling drawer unit and filled it YESTERDAY that matches our decor here and works GREAT!  Will share next week ;)

The month of May was all about getting more settled and replacing and adding to furniture we left in North Carolina with the grey cabin.
Adding ferns and a FLAG!

We found a COOL leather topped vintage side table and the Quilt Shop night light fit perfect there!

Our new bed and headboard... came with a footboard too but we will make a window seat from it !

A cool very vintage buffet with some of our fave decor and plants too!
The yellow paper that is taped to the glass of a frame is... MY WINNING SCORE on 5 Crowns card game we enjoy with Mom and Dad!  I never win and I stomped em all! :)

Our new dining table with a bit more view of the whole dining area!

The kitchen... from this angle...

A shelf they added over the sink window... we love how our fave decor fit there!

And here...Make Today Awesome sign had a magnet on the back from long ago when Connie gifted in to Rick.  it now lives on our vent in the kitchen :)

Though we didn't have a built in microwave space... WE LOVE this LG countertop 1200 watt one!
Don't forget to notice we finally found the perfect place for the fish cart of ours from Connie on top of the refrigerator too!

My sewing room... starting the job!

More unpacking... gets worse before it gets better right???!  Wait to see the big reveal next week !

My PVC frame rediscovered the wholecloth... now year 8 of enjoying the hand quilting process... we have covered it up now to keep the sun off of it as it sits in front of the window.

We needed a riding mower for this yard ... it had lots of trees in the past... now, though the yard is green and pretty... underneath lies lots of roots so it is very bumpy.  The mower makes this doable vs our rear wheel drive push mower we used in NC.  It WILL be used here though too for a drainage area on the edge of our property (we are on a corner lot).

Then Mother's Day occured and we visited my Mom and Dad :)

Here is mom holding her cake!  She got a gift card to one of their fave restaurants too!

Here I am in a new shirt and below new house shoes for my Mother's Day gifts :)



Below... we discovered a nest in our fern soon after hanging them out front... with my Dad's help we discovered this was a baby egg from a Hermit Thrush bird.  Mom laid 4 eggs here... she had already had a clutch of 5 babies in a wreath that was staging decor when we viewed the house.  It was hanging on the front door about 4 feet from the new nest ... we think the same mom.... but this time something ate or stole all the eggs because the next day we went to take pics when there were 4 the day before there were none!!!  We haven't heard or seen mama bird since :(  Survival though is for the most fit and this breed of bird lays eggs close to the ground and in ferns is a popular place our research revealed!) 
We found this awesome Quilt Cave sign at our first thrift shop experience.  This sign on the wall and the calendar of all things remain the ONLY things on the wall in my quilt cave atm :) lol
Has anyone made this yet?  Once I can add a project to my MULTITUDE of found and organized projects.... (pics of that to follow next week)... I would love to make this!  The 2 heart version <3

I haven't been hurt one bit by enjoying my fabric wrapping and storage filling...

>>> THIS WEEK I WILL BE CREATING MYSTERY BOXES <<<

Each lbox will include a quilting/hand stitching fiction book G rated.... and a box full of fabric - all different sizes.. a few scraps. fat quarters and larger cuts too!- equally divided from my unable to keep fabrics ...  I plan to sell these boxes of mystery fun to YOU ALL and on Quilter's Classified on Facebook by next weeks blog post I hope... if not sooner!  Let me know how to reach you if you want first dibs on this sale... $30per medium sized flat rate equivalent box & each box should contain about 2 pounds or MORE of fabric plus the book and a special goody from me 💞 to the buyer :)  YIPPEE!
Enjoy spending time with a truly friend this month... have your own slow stitching party!

Speaking of slow stitching... I have managed a bit myself during and since the move... in our new rocking recliner loveseat!!  Pics of our whole living room next week and more home shots!

Connie came up with the idea to try cross stitch style stitches for the base of the tea pot...  I love it too!! Now back to chain stitching around the outside... Unsure of how I will do the handle on the actual top of the tea pot not the handle above that you hold to move it.  Any thoughts???

Linking this slow stitching progress and my life update (LOL) to Kathy's Slow 
Sunday Stitchers HERE <<<<<  Click that link to open a NEW tab with Kathy's blogpost and check out everyone's progress this first Sunday of June.... over 90 * F AGAIN today too!  CRAZY!!!!

In closing today I want to thank you all that made it to the end PLEASE leave a comment or send me a direct email HERE as blogger can be tricky sometimes ... Joy has been a great word this year for me.  Also please  pray for my honey .... that is all I will say right now but more later if needed ~ Thanks!







9 comments:

  1. with the double the size of house looks like you will be doing furniture shopping - as I recall you had 2 chairs in your living space and that was pretty much it. Have fun with all your space and being closer to your family - are you closer to your friend Connie as well? I hope you love your new location and find new doctors that you will like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy times for you, hope you get settled in to your new home soon. Nice embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear from you again. Your new home is lovely. Enjoy learning about your new area. May your threads settle you when it gets busy. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely new house, glad it went smoothly! Will pray for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been busy, busy, busy. Congratulations on your move to your new home. It does look lovely. I love your kitchen; so lovely and white and modern. Hope you enjoy your week as you continue to unpack and put things in their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your bed, so beautiful! Your new home with the extra space will seem so roomy. Enjoy organizing your sewing room. Those mystery packages sound like a good idea. Have a wonderful week with lots of happy stitching to off set the unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A busy time, but looks like you are getting settled in and enjoying being closer to your parents. Have a grand time time getting to know your new locale. Did your seizures increase with all the busyness and stress of moving? Praying they settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a change from the cabin. Can't wait to see how you add character to this house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new home and a new life closer to your parents! Still lots of unpacking go do no doubt. Best wishes go you both,

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...