Sunday, August 6, 2023

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE since our last chat and I Praise the Lord for this blessing!

Above is a panel I bought recently... It will become a quilted cover or wall hanging for my sewing room/quilt cave :)

So since I missed last week... have an enjoyable cuppa closeby too ... lol!
Happy AUGUST!!!
I have sold all but 1 mystery box as of yesterday so I am advertising this original photo design to you guys only :)  Do you like mystery bundles?
If you are interested in this bundle above... I hope you leave me a message below with the word MYSTERY in it so I can chat with you via email :)

While I a may have needed last weekend off ... I have been over busy ... thus the skipped week blogging! lol  So here is some of what all we have been up to!

We visited my parents...    
Usually when we go to my parents Molly is a bit aggressive towards my dad and my dad just rolled with it and ignored her... well this visit no aggressiveness and she even snuggled with him for a while and I caught this pic!!!  YAY mom for catching this moment and alerting me!

Below is a bow and claw vintage secretary that has been in our family since before me (and I am the oldest child!)
We plan to give it a nice stripping sanding where needed and refinishing :)

You can see the scratches that happened on the table top that opens up below...
But the key I used to move from lock here to the  lock on the secretary over and over... I loved to hear the lock move for some reason! lol
Here is a very cool (my opinion) rose bunch I caught in a bud vase I harvested from a shot glass collection we have!
And here is that bunch in the little glass next to an empty magnetic box and a fun card I gave Rick for his birthday!  I loved this trio so much I took a vertical pic with a bit of a different angle for my phone lock screen!  Life IS  a gift!
Here are the curtains I put a lot of effort into and love how they turned out next... this coming week I will focus on the living room and man cave / media room too...
Here is the mancave / media room so far...
And here is a photo shoot with Molly after her great groom this last week!
I wasn't happy with the weight of my phone in it's case ... and it came with a attached screen with sounds nice but really isn't practical... also when cleaning it off be careful... I got a part pulled away from the edge... so I ordered screen protector and a newer lightweight but protective case and I love both items... plus with the case came this little adjustable phone holder!!!!
I love this little phone holder for  my sewing area... takes up very little of my overflowing space!

Now for my progress on the ...
For some reason when piecing the double star leg pieces... I ran out of the star leg squares so I had 2 strips needed... LOOK AT THIS!

I had one 1 3/4" strip and scrap left over  😊

So now I have all of the double star leg pieced, trimmed, and pressed... all the pieces are ready for laying out!!!  I hope to do this ... on the guest bed... this week :)  If I can be top secret about it!

I am truly enjoying this TOP SECRET project... however this week it will be all about valances for the house and my parents are visiting Thursday if the all turns out!
I had so many flippy corners with so little fabric I cut it off and placed all 550 + cut off squares in this trash bin with flair (it is a Longaberger little basket with lid I use for threads and such next to my sewing machine... but I wanted to see how much fabric I cut off so now YOU see too!
On to other quilty stuff

I am soo this way... are you ??? Ha Ha Ha!
Do you use glasses to thread a needle or do you lose your glass as in drink... I immediately thought of my glasses but maybe being singular it means drink... hmmm

Here was the previous weeks completion...
Here is a close  up of the whole area after a bit of a spritz to show off where I have been stitching normally a bit too besides the big stitch...
Here is the big stitch on the left inner border a bit more close...
This past week I finished the second block and rose...
Here is  a side view but it doesn't show the quilting as well as I had hoped....
I enlarged it... see if that helps! lol

I am linking this fun patchwork quilting post with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts HERE for her Sunday Slow Stitching Crew... if you are interested in Cross Stitch too come visit her >>HERE << today... quilt top completed and will be returned to Connie... my bestie... she made this top super quick before our move to Kentucky to finish Granny Squares Quilt to adorn my beautiful Hinterberg frame my honey cut out from measurements and a kit of cogs and such!  Wowweee :)

I hope you each have a wonderful week... enjoy my new signature block I made this past week too!












7 comments:

  1. You've certainly been busy! I've always like the quilt you have on your bed now, the valance looks good in your bedroom. Granny Squares is so beautiful! Connie is going to be so pleased with your quilting. Have a good week, enjoy the time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you have been extremely busy! So glad to hear no seizures this week! PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you have been busy! Your quilting on Granny Squares is so pretty. I love that you make your valances. I am looking forward to seeing the secretary once it is refinished. It is a great piece of furniture. Glad to hear that your seizures are under control. Enjoy the visit with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. Love your current quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty quilt you are working on now... thanks for all the photos as I do love seeing the close ups! So glad you have been seizure free lately - that is a little miracle given to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope all is well Kathi you haven't blogged in awhile

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...