Sunday, December 25, 2022

Happy Christmas 2022

 Merry Christmas Everyone!

And directly from me...
What I just finished listening to... If you loved Gilmore Girls and Parenthood shows... you will LOVE this book!  She is such an easy talker!



I finished the quilt for my mom.. she will open it later this week.... so that made room to work on my friends stuff and to start a NEW PROJECT!

This is a 2021 pattern that came out as the same time as the below pattern options....
The best place to find a kit that has almost everything needed for this project... is on Etsy or Ebay with someone destashing their stuff.  I found mine googling and though it reached me safely it took 2 weeks so I don't recommend this shop and won't here either!

Below you see how I took a piece of cardstock sent in the mail aka JUNK MAILER.... and made a thread card by cutting slits for each color!!!
After following the directions and locating the middle I am finding that cross stitching on paper cardstock with pre drilled holes is awesome :)
Here is my progress... 1 color done and working on the next color now!  There are 12 colors to stitch all together....  There is a YouTube video on finishing the ornament too!  YAY :)
Linking this progress with cool cross stitching I thought I would never do again d/t arthritis.... to Kathy's Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday HERE <<<<<  While there check out her new topper on her blog!

We have otherwise still had a busy week despite the cold weather.... Rick went out in snippets and added screws and stability to our deck and then got on it and tested it... he wants it good and strong!

We got an oil change and a new tire... ran some errands and hunkered down for this next to zero temps that won't go away from us!  North Carolina is NOT used to this brrrrrr!

Also we have started packing and picked up some boxes and several sheets of paper to wrap things in...

LOOOTS of PAPER here for wrapping precious items... and we now have about 8 boxes packed and ready to go to our friends basement ... temp controlled... for storing :)

Our goal is to stage the cabin with only a few items remaining in each room to prove it's purpose or to house our everyday needs... this cabin is filled up and we are starting to sort and sell or donate things we won't use in the future... less to move!  See Molly looking over the boxes for her daddy??? LOL

Here is a cute close up I landed with Molly in the rocker sitting up in her cute sweater provided by her Grandpa and Nana (my parents) :)

My new mani is "Mardi Gras"  A fun mix of blue purple and silver glitters :)
A joy pillow I hope to make in the coming year as I ponder being joyful!
Here is one meme a friend found on the internet...
Tell me as you read the below meme you don't start hearing the tune in your head to the other words to this song!
This year it is just me, my honey and our pup... Hope you have a very Merry Christmas no matter how few or how many are part of YOUR celebration of the holiday and Jesus' birth specifically!









5 comments:

  1. I hope you and Rick have a blessed day together! The Joy pillow is very cute and looks fun to make, happy stitching, Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Kathi! I love the Joy pillow - that will be fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas blessings to you Kathi! Packing already, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun new stitchery! I haven't made anything like that before and it looks so fun!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...