Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Years Day 2023 ~ My Mom's Quilt Revealed!

Happy 2023!

We made a round trip this past week getting us home yesterday from visiting my parents!  We looked at different areas of Kentucky to move to that are both convenient to them and all my kids!  

We also had a Christmas celebration while there and my mom started her first piecing quilt project :)  We gifted my dad a "Weather Station" which is a device that measures all sorts of things inside and outside your home location where you keep this station... It gives you temperature inside and outside.... time where you are.... date, day of the week and sooo much more... as much as you wanna pay for lol!

The last gift to be opened was my mom's quilt...

Fresh out of the washer and dryer


It was worth all the time, love and energy put into the quilt to see her loving it sooo much y'all!  Isn't that the main reason we make a quilt anyway... to see it enjoyed!  My mom carried her quilt to bed at night and back out in the morning... she is so excited about HER quilt! Now they both have a design by KC!

Meanwhile I've added another color complete to the stitchery...
These are my Sew Sunday Stitching focuses this week!  Come >>>THIS <<<< way and see what Kathy and the crew have to share on January 1, 2023 (in North America at least 😊)!

All my kids did their own Christmas and New Years celebrating... it was nice hearing from them during this time of their lives too!
Michael and Kristen...


I found this so appropriate meme for how I feel these days and what I need to recall!

So as I stitch , chat or watch a bit of Netflix "Virgin River " today I will also focus on being JOYFUL!!!  This is my word for the year to remember or lift up to ... Praise God from whom all blessings flow!  Have a blessed 2023 Y'all!




 

6 comments:

  1. It's so nice you were able to spend time with your parents, a lot warmer too! Blessings to you and Rick for this year and of course, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished quilt is wonderful, happy stitching in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Your mother's quilt is so pretty. I am glad you got to celebrate Christmas with family. Your turtle dove's stitching is looking good. Wishing you lots of happy stitching in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck in your house hunting - Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Yer. Your mom's quilt is so beautiful ; the quilting is gorgeous and has so many fun fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that your Mom loved her special quilt... what a treasure you created!
    Are you enjoying the turtle dove stitching? I haven't made anything like that before and am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...