Sunday, January 8, 2023

Preparing to sell our cabin & sewing away the days too!

 Are you are resolution maker???!

Or a word maker???? Did you do either for 2023... would love to hear your conclusion on which or neither or something different in the comments below.... I love my word... Joyful... and ponder on it while I am sewing.

Speaking of sewing... I won some sharp shears by LDH on Sewsweetness.com Sunday night show give away a couple weeks back...
They trimmed this bed runner I machine quilted with wavy organic lines too!  It was so smooth and easy to use these new shears too!
After I was done with machine quilting....
I sewed the binding to the front.... very little remained of the 5 strips I cut!
And took a photo of the front...
And the back side...
Then sat down to sew down the binding to the back side after trimmed and ready to roll!
80" x 20 " takes a minute to hand sew the binding down....
So it took me a few days and washing and drying occurred above and it is ready to gift... I just have a pillow insert to add to my friends cache of gifts I made her from her husbands clothing items she could spare!

Around this hand-ee project I have been cross stitching on corrugated paper!

I had a few questions last week and thought y'all may have questions too... feel free to ask them :D

Here is the corrugated paper up close...
It has flex but not tons of it like fabric does... it feels a little thicker than cardstock and comes with all the holes punched in it!
Here is the little needle that comes with this kit and others by Satsuma Street company...
You can easily do the cross stitching and the future beading to come with this one needle... though it is tough to get two threads of DMC floss into the eye at the same time! lol
Above you see all the layout that came in the bag.... Now look what happened to my scissor fob! 😢
But no worries... the fob has been sent back to the maker to be fixed... praise God she is still making them as this was made special for me by her!!!

I am linking all the hand stitches I have taken this week to Kathy's Quilts... Slow Sunday Stitchers HERE <<<<  It WILL open in a new window too :)

My honey has been kicking butt and taking names prepping our home and yard for a new family to use...

Decluttering and packing up the living room... AKA staging has started!!!

After the side porch was mostly complete we called for a dumpster for the pressure treated lumber to go into among other trash items that were left from when we bought this cabin over 2 years ago.... we want it to be ready to move in and enjoy for future owners :)
The porch lumber remains alone filled half the dumpster!
Here is the AAAALmost finished side porch...
My honey still wants to add some extra support to the back of the walkway to make sure it is stable and it already is but he has his own goals! lol

Abd here is our plan for the outbuilding (I got this shot standing on the highest corner of that side porch :)
I also found a new pair of shoes that fit well!  On Mercari!!!!
I have bunions and arthritis in my feet joints from so many years being a nurse and heredity too...
They are sooo cozy though :)  They are suede with comfy non skid soles!!!!

Did you get anything for yourself with Christmas cash or as a New Years bonus for you ???
Planning my blog giveaway as we pack up everything we can this week.... can you think of something you would love to win???  Would love to hear your ideas!!!!!





6 comments:

  1. The shoes looks so cozy! I think cabin looks so relaxing and cute, hope it sells fast and for the price you want. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no longer make resolutions. I don't usually keep them. I am just trying to get rid of items we don't need or use anymore this year. I like the bed runner you made. I just ordered Christmas ornaments that are made on corrugated paper. I am looking forward to making them for my grandchildren next year. I am amazed at how much work it takes to "stage" your home. Comfy shoes are a must for me too lately. Skechers are usually too skinny for my feet. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyful is a good word! Those shoes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't make resolutions or do the words but find it interesting to see the word choices people make. I hope the house sells quickly for you and you are able to move where you need to be. The house is looking great - someone is going to be lucky to call it home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the cabin sales quickly for you. Love the shoes! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyful is the perfect word for you Kathi! The cabin looks fabulous, now for the right buyer to see this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...