Sunday, January 15, 2023

New project / Old project .... Done Projects coming Soon!

Hi There & Welcome to my blog....

Today I have TONs of stuff to share but I want you to know first.... YOU MATTER!

Around here it has been a busy week!
My honey has finished the side porch on the cabin....
The outbuilding is all set too...
Now to finish cleaning out both and getting ready to sell!

In the meantime I got a passel of fun stuff from a quilty friend who wanted to downsize some of Jenny Doan's MSQC Christmas box and she refused to let me pay ... even for shipping to NC from VA!!!!
Then my friend Crystal stopped in to pick up the things I made from her late husbands' shirts.. she left all this behind!
She said I was her Christmas angel and all this gifts I made from her husbands clothes made her feel joy... the card had a personal thanks in it and the Walmart gift card was a real blessing too 💕

By the end of this week the joy sign found a way to be decor in our home...
On the fireplace mantle!

And the angel will be a part of my décor in the new home God is preparing for us in Kentucky!

Meanwhile I have been building my wristlet wallet that I cut out and prepped in autumn... now in January...
I am a little further than this and should finish it today between runs of careful cross stitching on this perforated paper cross stitch project!  Here is my progress :)
For Slow Stitching Sunday THIS will be my focus and what I share over at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching Linky Party HERE <<<<   It will open in another window when you click to go to Kathy's blog and linky party too!  

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that my scissor dangle broke whilst using them doing my cross stitch...
Well the maker fixed me right up!  She had my dangle fixed and back to me in record time!  I am sew glad to have met such a talented bead and jewel handler on Etsy... |
I am glad to have my dangle back on my embroidery scissors now too... also makes them harder to lose!  Do you have scissors for each job ???  I certainly do!

We got some snow starting on Friday and ending Saturday leaving us with about 1" of snow!

That put the outdoor work of cleaning out the outbuilding into our rented dumpster to a stop!  It will start back up before they come pick it up by Friday :)

Kathy talks about arthritis in hands and pain when stitching on her post.... my mom got me these at Walmart... they work great too leaving my fingers out for stitching and thimble wearing while supporting my joints :)
I hope you have a wonderful week... thanks for visiting and make sure you leave room for JOY every day!











7 comments:

  1. Your husband has done a stellar job on the side porch and the outbuilding. How fabulous your friend loves the quilt you so lovingly fashioned for her out of her late husband's clothes. As for all the bits and bobs from your quilty friend.....you certainly scored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so cozy and inviting, I hope lots of buyers think so also! Enjoy your slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to try those gloves. You have gotten more snow in NC than we have here in NY. What wonderful gifts you received. I am glad your scissor fob is fixed and I really like the progress you are making on that pretty cross-stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the gloves sometimes but sometimes they seem to get in the way. I hope they work for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. The deck looks amazing. Wishing you the best in the sell of your home. I have to have a scissor fob on my scissors or I just do not feel right. Lol. So glad you was able to repair it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your deck looks wonderful. Wishing you the best on selling your home also. I have different scissors for everything I do. Don't have a fob though. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now, your Christmas gifts just keep on coming, don't they? Looks like some fun gifts for you. Rick has worked hard and everything looks great! I hope you find the perfect home in KY!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...