Sunday, March 5, 2023

Happy March!

Welcome to my blog!  Grab a cuppa something yummy and come on in... see what we are up to!


JOY remains my word of the year and I am finding sew much joy in each day I am living without back pain~  I am still pain FREE!!!!  No medications needed either!  YAY :D

I found this meme on Facebook I saved it for Y'all to enjoy a nice good morning... got that cuppa???! lol


Here is a quilt I would like to make!  It is a 9 patch on point and only 2 blocks make it but when you stand back the edges seem to have a scalloped feel to them :)  I have my own ideas on a border I think theirs is too busy.... but then I love a custom quilted border too! lol

Connie got me this little tin of hand cream...  I use it 2 to 3 times a day to manage my right middle finger discomfort...
Here are the needles and some o the threads I am using on this quilt... A great friend turned me on to DMC needles and I will search high and low and update to a fresh needle only when needed as they don't break easy and they do have a bit of a bendability to them... I use the size 7 for the 12 wt on the left of Aurifil... and #9 size for the 28 wt on the right... I don't use 50 wt thread to hand quilt because it wears too easily for this job.
Here is where I was after blogging last weekend...
Here a long view
and the other end of the inner border is done in short order....
Soon the quilt was rolled!
I reached a point for Connie to make a decision on what color the roses were and she chose the cream I found in my stash of 12 weight Aurifil!!  Yipee :)  The green is the inner border color of quilting and I thought the roses needed to be different!
Here are a couple pics of the first block before the center criss crossed canoes shape was stitched...
The DMC perle cotton in black was in the mail from Connie's stash for this quilt!
The cream roses look delectable.... the chalk you could see above just helps me stitch without the lines going away.
See... this block now has the criss cross canoes center shape stitched!
Here's the 3 blocks bottom half all stitched....
And here is where the 4th sits as I work on it today and hope to roll the quilt and work on the top half of these blocks...
Linking all this hand quilted goodess and other fun things to Kathy's slow Stitching Sunday crew! HERE<<<<<<
Here is a modernish quilt I am in love with!  I will show it to my dil and see if they may like this quilt next year :D
Here is a sweet lamb and some pretty spring flowers and a chik too!  Do you have flowers coming up???  Or do you live down under and yours are full on or fading a bit?
We have buttercups, crocus, tulips and iris we planted last autumn that are sprouting but only the buttercups have bloomed!  We don't get much direct sun in our yard though so it makes plant and flower production a bit low.

Have a fabulous week and be joyful and kind to someone this week :)  I sure will!



6 comments:

  1. The nine patch on point is a lovely pattern and the quilt you are quilting at the moment is stunning. How splendid everything looks against the dark background. How fabulous you are without pain at the moment, Kathi; this is indeed good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job selecting the quilting designs and colored threads for Granny Squares. I really like the pattern for the new 9 patch quilt but then I don't think I've ever seen a 9 patch quilt I didn't like. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes your blog will let me leave a comment and sometimes it doesn't. I like this quilt on the frame very nice. Glad your back pain is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the next quilt that you are contemplating. A nine patch should be stitch up quickly. I look forward to seeing the fabrics that you choose. I love how you are quilting Connie's quilt. The border stencil and those roses are fabulous. All that has bloomed here are crocuses though my daffodil leaves are certainly growing tall. I am glad that your back is feeling better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilting. I have not had much of anything blooming except maybe some geraniums, and my indoor begonias. So happy your back is better. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing so much about your hand quilting! I am pondering hand quilting my GRG. It would be my only my second attempt at hand quilting. What kind of frame are you using? Thank you again for sharing! I'm so glad your back pain is relieved!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...