Sunday, March 12, 2023

Roll, Roll, Roll the Quilt.... gently in the frame!

Welcome to my blog this week... if you live in the USA and you change time did you know today is that day to move forward 1 hour???  I ask because I knew but we forgot to change our clocks before going to bed! lol

Joyful is the key word above :)  And I have been very busy this week... The fabric for my honey's quilt came in this week and I made this block...
Now to just make 79 more! lol  I have 8 ready to sew the w halves together already too <3

Before I started sewing the blocks I sewed Molly a spring scarf on my Singer 319w....
Here you can see her wearing it after washing and ironing :)
Most of my time has been quilting this week...
Several people have asked what I use to mark with and here is some of my marking pens for this job...
And this week I bought these...
For my pointer finger on my right hand... helps me pull without reaching so often for my hemostats!  Works great too.... I got these inexpensively at Amazon :)
Here was the photo of the top half of the first row of crochet squares lined up for stitching...
HERE IS... the bottom of row 2 all ready for stitching :)  
I plan to work on this today and would love to hear your reaction to my quilting!!!

Linking all this yummy handwork to Kathy's Slow Stitch Sunday crew HERE!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping in :)








 

6 comments:

  1. I think the quilting designs you've selected for the quilt are spot on! I changed the stove and microwave clocks last evening and the clock on the wall above the utility sink too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love it when daylight savings set in. Ours down here will be ending soon. The sign that summer is done. Your husband's quilt is going to be fabulous. As for your quilting on the crochet squares, they are so right for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could find thimbles to fit my wide fingers. I use leather thimbles, but I go through them ver quickly. I have bought several large and x-large thimbles, but none of them fit correctly. I like the chalk cartridge set. I've never seen that before. I like the roses that you are quilting. So pretty. Molly's scarf is bright and cheery. I hope you are enjoying stitching those blocks for Rick. 79 is not too many to work your way through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses on the black really shine! The block for your husband’s quilt reminds me of a fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never quilt with so many things on my fingers and find the stick on thimbles perfect for me and a little rubber disc for pulling the needles through if I need it. I have not seen those Chalk Cartridges - do you have a link for those and do they wash out every time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a note by my seat yesterday to change the time back last night, and I forgot too. First time ever! Great projects you have going. I dislike wearing thimbles, but if I need to wear one I use one of those leather black ones.

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...