Sunday, March 19, 2023

Do you Celebrate??!

St Patrick’s Day on the 17th of March …


Or more FUN on March 18th is International Quilting Day?!!!


I’m about halfway done with sewing the blocks for my honey’s quilt…


I’ve just finished the audiobook “ The Nightingale “.  Definitely engaging and a book that makes great listening as you stitch!


The author is Kristin Hannah… She makes a fictional town in France and it's story of a look inside WW2 come to life!  I got this free from Libby through my local library :)

On Connie’s Granny Squares quilt I am quilting my progress is slower but happening!!!  Here is the second granny square on this second row 🥰
I finished it this morning waiting as we changed monitors....THIS is why my blog was late posting today... my monitor quit working :(

And here was the completed one just before it!

Linking this Slow Stitching accomplishments to Kathy's Quilt linky party HERE <<<

Now regarding my word of the year …

Isn’t that awesome!!!  Thanks for stopping by!

I have made a new closure signature now to my blogs for this upcoming Spring season .... and yes ... we are still waiting for warmer weather to come AND stay in North Carolina USA!!! lol




5 comments:

  1. quilt is looking great. Half the time I don't even remember if it is St. Patrick's day - not a big thing to me but then I don't usually pay attention to that kind of stuff all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those fabrics used in granny squares. It's so nice that you and Connie help each other out with your talents. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had our 'st paddys day' meal today. Your quilting is looking lovely as always. I hope you have a wonderful week Kathi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always celebrated St. Patrick's Day as I am 1/4 Irish. This year I only made Irish Soda Bread. I didn't make a corned beef dinner as we were leaving the next day for CA and I didn't want any leftovers. I love how your quilting is coming along. I remember reading that book. Parts of it were truly heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...