Sunday, March 26, 2023

The Last Post for March 2023 ?!!

 Wow!  Good morning.. but what happened to March??? lol  Do you feel this way too?

In some ways ... with the crazy weather the last month or so... I'm glad to see it go... but how did it happen so quickly???


What is your favorite thing about Spring/Autumn?

I personally LOVE Spring in the USA now for sleeping with windows open when it won't get so cold!  I also love seeing fresh flowers popping all around!

We are rolling closer to listing our cabin.  We found (WE THINK ANYWAY.. LOL) a realtor who will represent us well.  We are looking at mid April... right after Easter when people will be getting antsy to explore the area we live in... it is huge to hike in the mountains and have vacation homes in this area... so we shall see!

The quilt for Rick I was building wound up not working out as nicely as I had imagined... I have chatted in depth with my inner circle but I know my problems and have cried it out and am ready to move forward with this issue now... new quilt ... the PATTERN figured out.... no triangle points to chop off...

and the recipe for THIS quilt block was found on Pinterest by my bestie and originally shown on a 2017 post by THIS blogger

Above is on point for her plan but mine will be plain and straight across instead of in rows.

I plan now to finish that poorly written AND made quilt top and pack it away until we are moved then machine stitch it and quilt it by domestic vintage Singer 319w machine :)

I hope you will follow along as I piece the new quilt for my honey to enjoy this coming autumn as Kentucky is a bit cooler in winter than we are... we are looking near Bowling Green area  and Cave City atm!

I have made slow and steady progress on the quilt I am hand quilting.  I am on the last block in this row...


I should complete this block and the right side stitching today and roll the quilt ... YAHOO!  Linking this progress in hand quilting this quilt with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitchers HERE <<< ... the next roll completes the CENTER of this quilt!!! :)

My back is beginning to slow me down again... I shall call my doctor this week and see what his plan is.... I am soooo tired of sitting on heat and doing stretches and working on core stregthening when the pain just returns!  It is arthritis the spine doctor said and nothing can really be done but exercise stretching and medications.... grrrr.  Please pray or send happy thoughts for a better answer for me long term!

Have a blessed week ahead my quilty friends!

 

8 comments:

  1. It is so frustrating when the quilts we are working on prove to be disappointing and not turn out quite like we planned and envisaged. I've had my own little quilt drama this week. =) I am sad for you that your back pain has returned, Kathi. Back pain can be so debilitating. As for the best thing about Spring?? Why it's the return of the flowers, of course. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe where the whole year has gone. I see signs of spring and look forward to it. It seems discouraging when quilts taunt us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a good plan for the challenging quilt top. Someone will be glad of it even if it's not perfect. The new quilt looks like fun and you can use all sorts of scraps in it, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deal with back pain all the time too and it just seems like it takes you over at times. I find laying flat on the floor for awhile stretching works for a little while but only a little while - for me it is across the upper back. Hope you get your quilt figured out. I don't know what the problem is as it looks fine to me. Good luck on the cabin sale

    ReplyDelete

  5. So sorry the quilt pattern didn't work out. Hope the cabin sells quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you are still dealing with the back pain. I know that when I slack off of my exercises I know it soon after. I am sorry Rick's quilt isn't what you wanted and you must start anew. The first one will make a good donation quilt or be used another way I am sure. April is a good time for selling a home. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly is better to call time out on a project which is not working out. The new plan will hopefully go together much easier. So sorry to read that you are suffering so much back pain, sending you Get Well wishes from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m sorry that your first run at Rick’s quilt wasn’t what you wanted. :( You new plan looks good though, so enjoy the new one! The granny squares quilt is a beauty and your quilting looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...