Sunday, April 2, 2023

Happy April 2023!!!

 Hi Y'all!  Thanks for visiting my little spot in this grand universe of ours!

Well... many of you have been asking.... and we haven't tried to hold back but first realtor we let in the doorway.... listed our home!!!
She convinced us it was ready for photos and boy did she do a GREAT job with just her iphone!!!
I wish you could see the photo of my sewing room...  She took a photo of leaving the room and seeing the hall and laundry!!! lol  So I had to clean that a bit so it was open for others to see!


And look how neat the living room is!

And our bedroom refreshed too!

So with contracts signed and showings happening... I sewed and stitched!

First I finished the center of this quilt...
Then after thinking I had PLENTY of fabric for the outer border...the fabric that has never found just the right home.... did with only this much left over!
And the finished Thunder & Lightening quilt flimsy!!!!
Options for backing.... I have ordered batting so when I layer it up I will try to get a pic of the final decision and how I laid it out and stitched it! lol
In the midst of stitching.. we got an offer on our cabin OVER the asking price and to include most of our furniture... not my frame or sewing room though! lol  We prefer this kind of moving because we can choose a new base to add our vibe to once we find new digs!

So now we start the inspection and appraisal process ... they have 2 weeks from last Friday to do that and make a final decision...

Meanwhile I quilt...
And roll!!!....
A full on above and a side view on my frame with my chair light and extras on the rolling table...
Now to finish the top half and stitch some rosettes :)
So slow stitching is what you will find me doing today... besides daydreaming about the future that faces us in Southern KY... Linking this hand quilting relaxation to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitchers HERE<<<<  It is simply a place to share your hand and needle work online for all to enjoy :)

I did order a Civil War era neutral and these 2 1/2" strips to make a quilt for my honey he will enjoy !!!
This center...
With this border incorporated or some version of it!
So stay tuned for next Sunday to see what I can share or have done... no extra packing stuff yet!  We must remain vigilant for showings in the future!  Ah the joys of moving!










6 comments:

  1. Goodness, an offer higher than the listing price and just after putting your home on the market. That is amazing, Kathi. As for the Thunder & Lightening quilt flimsy, it is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have an offer on the house OVER your price! I hope it all works out. Thunder & Lightning looks good, so does Connie's quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, you stitched up Thunder and Lightning quickly. Congrats on having just enough fabric for the border. How wonderful that you already have an offer on your cabin! Things are moving along. I hope you can finish quilting that pretty quilt before you have to move. I like the fabric you bought for Rick's quilt. I like you design for it too. Best wishes. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the sale works out. Nice if they want some of the furniture too so you don't have to pack it all up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is beautiful. I bet it sells quickly. Around here that price would be a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like God’s plan is for you to move quickly! Thunder and Lightning was a quick project for you! Enjoy keeping your hands busy as you await the final answer from those potential buyers!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...