Sunday, April 9, 2023

Blessed Easter my friends!

 Good Easter Sunday to you each!  Thanks for stopping into my blog!


I plan to rest and relax after a wild and crazy week here!  Grab a cuppa and let me fill you in!

We went to visit some homes we had viewed in Kentucky...

Above was the greeting on my GPS app when entering the state!  Horse country here ya know with participation in the Kentucky Derby and big hats on ladies at that big race with Mint Julips in hand!!
I fell in love with one the realtor we are using found that was not listed on the internet until you knew the address.  BUT it's older but recently completely renovated inside beautifully.  Since the exterior shell is older though it would need a professional inspection... so we will ponder this weekend if we want to make an offer or not.... please think of us during this time... THIS home should be our forever home now!

I did get some sewing done in the sewing room between inspections and all that on our cabin here.

I made one more of the Sunny Skies quilt above so that makes 3 of 20 and I have the next one all ready to set out in the project box.
I have a TOP SECRET project fabric for my honeys new quilt idea... this one should fly... I showed the sample and my proposed fabrics for this new quilt last week ... I needed 30 strips but 40 came so 2 matching strips became sashing... and some got culled out on black and white double check inspection on saturation check! lol  So it has been a busy week in the sewing room as I prepare for packing most all of it up and moving .
Due Diligence period is over this Friday...then the closing is due April 26th!  WHAT!!!  Yep... we can't make noticeable changes in case something falls through before due diligence period is over.  "Due Diligence" in North Carolina is a set timeline a buyer has when the house is pending and not available to see by others any more with a promise in cash to the closing agent... which here is an attorney... to back up the promise and do inspections and appraisals etc.  So the buyer actually saw this house online and sent someone to view the house in their place.  So now they will come Tuesday to view it!  We are living in a mausoleum right now trying not to mess everything up and sweeping all the time and taking stuff out of storage here to put in a storage nearby we rented.  Whew!
So I have even managed to spend time enjoying my Zen time in the early mornings hand quilting... I have 2 granny squares done which also puts me halfway across this row!!!   Yipee :) 😄🙌
I plan to relax from our trip today... 2 days round trip and only one night overnight stay with my parents isn't enough!  I need more time with them and to feel settled too!

Have a pleasant day whether you celebrate Jesus resurrection or something different or nothing at all... 
From our home to you .... Have a Happy _________ <<< fill in the blank!

For now I bid you a joyful day!





5 comments:

  1. yes if it is an older home you must be careful - it might need more work than you wish to do on the outside to make it well again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for whatever you decide on for a home. Good luck with the buyer. Enjoy all of your pretty stitching. I wish you a peaceful Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on selling your home! I know one of my nieces bought her home the same way! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the sale goes through for you, and you are able to find another! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the sell of your house goes according to plans. I hope also the inspection of the new to you house goes well also. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...