Sunday, June 25, 2023

Celebrating settling in ... FINALLY!

 Hi Y'all!  Welcome to my Kentucky blog stop and thanks for visiting!  Grab a cuppa something yummy and see how we have settled (no cardboard boxes! YAY) and ALL I have been quilting and up to in my sewing studio :)


First, I hope each one of you Understand your Value in the world... we each have a place to be and a purpose... look into your life and FINE YOURS!  It is there :)

Nothing hit MORE home with me than this JUNE ______ meme (?).... than during a party we all had at my parents home for their 60th anniversary... it was a SURPRISE to them!  They had no clue! lol

First to show (after we snuck the cake in showing up about an hour before everyone else) was my daughter Brandi and her beau Ryan....


Molly really enjoyed Ryan the MOST! lol



Next showing up was Michael and Kristen!  I failed somehow to get them with Nana and Grandpa or solo or with us!


Then my brother and his wife and 2 youngest kids (middle and high schoolers) showed up and the complete jig was up and the party began!

Here are me and my brother when younger.... much younger! lol  He is 5.5 years younger! lol
And here is Nana and Grandpa with all their grands (my bro has 2 kids that have grown and gone... so only they are missing!  YAY)
And here are mom and dad with the 60th anniversary cake and cake topper commemorating this special day!
And here is our whole clan - Ryan agreed to be the camera guy... I left the tripod at home :(
It was fun and festive and an event my parents' still can't believe I pulled it all off without spilling the beans! lol  In closing on this topic... Here are the 60th anniversary items we gifted or used at my parents party along with a restaurant they love gift card too!

This is why I didn't blog last week.. completely worn out!  Everyone brought finger foods and drinks, cups and plates and plasticware...it was amazing the collection of food... and I brought the desserts... Mom could stay satt long but she truly enjoyed being hosted instead of hosting even though we had it at their home. 

That following Monday I saw a podiatrist and am following his requested regime with no foot pain or very seldom do I have any!  AMAZING without medications too!  I so have a topical I can use on my feet but that is only if needed and over the counter strength!

Wednesday Rick had his appointment with the Kentucky area VA Clinic in Somerset... it is a simple but effective clinic Rick said... and his MD even called to clarify a few fine points with my honey after... that was AWESOME in our book!

The rest of the week I have been hand quilting and chipping away at my sewing room while doing projects too... around the house!

First my sewing room... because I am CELEBRATING!!!  Let me show you why!!!

I had most of the room gone through except these last 2 crates that are sitting on the floor dishevelled...
Yesterday I emptied those bins!!!!
See... look at this pic of my fabric cabinet and beside that is my 301 covered up with the machine dust cover.... GONE!
The cabinet where may fabric and such stays is very organized too!

All my fabric fat quarter and up organized by color or solids...
Top drawer consists of rotary mats, and rulers and templates of all kinds...
Drawer 2 has all sorts of quilty goodies and some craft stuff too... it also holds ALL my cutting tools :)
Finally... that bottom drawer holds quilt backings or large amounts of fabric that can be used for that!
My closet is completely organized... feels like I covered this last post... if I didn't and you are interested just drop me a comment at the end :)  I LOVE THIS SPACE MOST!
This cardboard box you see is the last one in the house now I do believe!  It is all the decor - personal stuff mainly - that may or may not get used here...some may get destashed as we like a sleek uncluttered look overall... and this wall will be a design wall in the near future!
Next to that is my NEW ironing board with a NEW cover besides the poor one that came on it.. it is under the Brabanzia one I purchased separately from Amazon!  Black denim rocks!
Here is my one window... with my wholecloth ready to hand stitch on...
And here is my desk and printer... ALSO... see those crates under the 319w cabinet?  I have moved them now to under the wholecloth... and I have the 319 ready to roll soon!  YIPPEE!  I have missed sewing something :D 
Isn't this pic the truth?!!!
Here is my hand quilting progress on Connie's Granny Square quilt ...
And planning to work more on this block TODAY!!!!

>>>>ANYONE <<<< 

Interested in this cross stitch chart with threads to complete in these colors?  Just add 14 ct Aida or Linen 28 ct... your choice and a cross stitch needle????  Send me an email HERE to claim... NO COST in the USA 48 :)
Linking this slow stitching progress and other HAND y work to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching....
HERE<<<<<  Come see what everyone is up to and see how you answer Kathy's question of the week.

My honey got a Shopsmith - it is a multi wood working tool that works like a transforming tool that turns into several... very cool if you like wood working like my honey does... this one is from the 80's but he had one in Florida to Topton that was in it's 50's!  They used to have commercials for them... if you remember those! lol
In completing this LOOONG Post I want you to be Happy as Life really is too short to be anything else!
Have a fabulous Sunday and I do hope you find something Hand-y to do today!









9 comments:

  1. Since you're unpacked and settled, you can spend your time creating! Have a wonderful week of stitching! Great surprise for your parents, so nice most of the family could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on pulling off the surprise celebration for your parents. Your home is looking more and more organized. Have a great sewing week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary to your parents. Nice you were able to give them a party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, everything looks so well organized! Congrats to your parents, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful family event for this amazing milestone! Congrats to your parents! And congrats to you for all your hard work on the party, and on the organizing you have done... woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your parents, and to you on getting to the last box! Your sewing room is lovely and may you have many, many hours of creating there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to organize the surprise 60th party for your parents such fun day for all, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures of your family. Loved seeing your organization and new areas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great surprise for your parents! I’m sure they enjoyed it immensely. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...