Sunday, July 9, 2023

Happy Birthday and Stitching Progress !!!

June 25th since my last post!!!  Why is that ???  After getting more settled I have been sewing and quilting and this weekend marks getting back to the basics...


Since we have chatted here last I celebrated a birthday with my honey , bestie, and my parents!  
My honey and my bestie are celebrating July birthdays too!  How fun :)
We also celebrated the freedom we gained with the Declaration of independence...
The spread at my Dad and Mom's home... aka  Party Central!
One of my gifts was this cup... it will have a special place... this was gifted by my parents along with a celebratory shirt to wear to next years' celebration 😍

This pic was a learning experience on my iPhone! lol

My honey gifted me a Apple Watch...

I LOVE it!!  And my previous Fit Bit is going to my darling daughter for her upcoming July birthday along with some cash for her 25th birthday!!!
My son's were together the weekend before my birthday and sent me this celebratory wish :)  My daughter and oldest son did call too!  I was soooo happy :)

Me and my honey have birthday celebratory cards rolling in and y mom even had copies of the Declaration of Independence for our birthday celebration too!

 I foudn ths uper cool insulated glass with lid and fun straw too... I scarfed it up and enjoyed this as a birthday gift!
I also got me a new pair of cool looking Skechers!!!
And here they are in real life!
There was a full moon on my birthday.... I loved that :)  I tried to capture a pic of it but it just doesn't look near as awesome as it did in real life!!!
In my quilting life I have been sewing!!!  On my 319w... I am enjoying all i am doing here... and now have all the squares for the center section cut... and have the sashings cut... need the cornerstones and some other parts before ready to move forward...
Here is all I can show you ....as this needs to be completely SECRET until then...
My handquilting life has been going quiet well... last time we chatted I was on the first block on this row... now I am halfway done with the THIRD block on this row as pictured on my frame below and in close ups after that!
Left side of the quilt up to center of block #1... YAY... took a while to get back in the swing of things :)
Block #2 got done during my birthday WEEK...

And here is block #3 on this row... my WIP... I am getting faster now... and I am glad... getting my rhythm back after that move was tough!
Linking this hand quilting progress... and catching up too... with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitchers HERE <<<  Come on over and see what FUN is happening over there!!!

Here is a snippet of our bedroom.. getting more settled :)

Molly has taken a while to call this her new home and make new cozy spots around our home... but she looks pretty chill in this photo.... what cha think?

A look from our recliners to the kitchen...  I love the armoire in our bedroom... it is unique to most modern furniture I have seen and fits our "vibe".
I think I have finally run our of pics and words to catch you all up ... Hoping you have a happy Sunday and ...
Thanks for visiting... I would love it if you left a message below or directly to my email HERE!


9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful celebration! I'm glad you're pretty well settled into your new home, I hope it's the last move for you guys for a long long long time! Connie's quilt is looking so nice, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you all! It sounds like you had fun celebrating. The new house is looking wonderful, and so is the quilt you're working on. Pretty blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday - the quilt and the house look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Those are good looking Skechers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday again to you both! I love the house photos. You are making a lot of progress on your quilting. I love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flooring in your new home is so lovely too! Great progress on the hand quilting - so glad you are finding your groove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Kathi, it sounds like you had a great week! And happy birthday to hubby too! The quilt is looking wonderful, I do love the contrast of the black with the blocks and your beautiful stitching.
    We are getting back to normal after a tough June, I have never been so glad to see a July! Thankfully, we have escaped the ultra hot weather, it has actually been quite cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to all of you! It takes a while to settle into a new home, but I'm sure you are almost there now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to all of you! Your house is looking beautiful as is your quilting!

    ReplyDelete

2 week Update... Sew much to share!

I apologize for taking off last Sunday blogging with y'all but after a very busy week ... I was relaxing and remaining SEIZURE FREE sinc...